CLICK HERE to visit this event on Facebook!
Archive for “Ottawa” Tag
- September 14th: Cops looking into a video of an alleged Taxi driver threatening Uber users/driver.
“I’ve asked our staff to determine whether the individual in fact was a licenced taxi driver, and if he was, does that outburst qualify for him to have his licence removed,” Mayor Jim Watson said.
- September 10th: 3 men charged after Airport Parkway protest (at least 2 taxis accepting fares were damaged).
“Our officers have been working with all those involved in the labour dispute to ensure public safety,” said Chief Charles Bordeleau. “Any incidents of violence will not be tolerated and are fully investigated. People will be held responsible for their actions.”
- September 10th: Capital Taxi reject latest offer from Coventry Connections; promised to reduce fees by more than one million – an offer Blueline accepted. Coventry Connections CEO told 1310News that THIS dispute is SEPARATE from the Airport protests.
- September 9th: Mayor Jim Watson has had enough & says he won’t have any more meetings with the taxi union until the vandalism stops:
“Obviously to have those people’s passengers and those cab drivers terrified by having windows smashed in on them is completely unacceptable and, quite frankly, very disturbing behaviour that is not going to be tolerated.”
- September 2nd: Blueline Taxis vandalized in Barrhaven.
- August 14th: Injunction filed to keep picketers (20 maximum) in a sectioned off area (aka “a cage”); states drivers can’t block access to the airport
- August 11th: The protest begins.
Quick FACTS: Taxi drivers are fighting a 400% increase to Airport Passenger pick up fees – Coventry Connections (owner of Blueline, Capital and Airport brand Taxis) ACCEPTED this increase with Ottawa International Airport management before consulting it’s drivers. Drivers are upset because a much cheaper option is available with the introduction of UBER. What is this new fare increase going to do? A secondary offer was made which proposed a 100% increase: also rejected by drivers.
The men and women in the Mission’s Food Services Training program will be manning the food table, selling some fresh baked muffins and pastries from 9:00-11:00 a.m., and then burgers/hot dogs and chili in the afternoon til 6p!
A reminder about the special event happening this Sunday to support The Ottawa Mission. The ‘Big Charity Yard Sale and...
What’s open and close in/around Ottawa this Labour Day Weekend?? 1310News has the scoop!
Your mental well being is IMPORTANT!