BC Coroners Service releases statement…details below
Cory Monteith, whose body was found in a Vancouver hotel room over the weekend, died of a “mixed drug toxicity” of heroin and alcohol, authorities say.
“At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” the BC Coroners Service says in a statement released Tuesday.
The cause of the Glee star’s death at age 31 was determined by an autopsy and toxicology tests. An investigation continues.
“Mr. Monteith’s family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death,” the Coroners Service says. “On behalf of family members, the BC Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time.”
The Canadian native completed a month-long stint in a treatment facility for substance addiction in April and had been open about his lifelong struggles with substance abuse.